The name of this organization shall be:
The objectives of this organization shall be;
1) To form a body of radio amateurs interested in the use of the very high frequency and up radio spectrum as a means of communication.
2) To assist our fellow members to secure better and more reliable radio communication and test equipment.
3) To encourage application of the highest engineering knowledge and standards in the design, construction and use of radio communications equipment.
4) To promote an interchange of ideas and technical information between members and to assist each other in design, construction and adjustment of radio equipment.
1) In conformity with the objectives of this organization, membership shall be confined to those radio amateurs who have a genuine interest in the VHF and up amateur radio bands
2) Any person who is in possession of a current amateur radio operator and station license issued by the FCC or any of its successors shall be eligible for membership.
1) The officers shall be President, Vice-President, Secretary and Treasurer.
2) The officers shall be elected for a term of one year by ballot of the members present, provided there be a quorum, at the annual meeting.
3) Vacancies occurring between elections will be filled by appointment by the remaining officers.
4) Officers may be removed by a three-fourths vote of the membership.
DUTIES OF OFFICERS
1) The President shall preside at all meetings and conduct them according to the rules adopted. He shall enforce due observance of this Constitution and By-Laws, decide all questions of order, sign all official documents adopted and perform all other duties pertaining to the office of President. He shall appoint special committees as needed.
2) The Vice-President shall assume the duties of the President in his absence. In addition, he shall organize activities, plan and recommend contests and advance interest and activity as approved by the organization.
3) The Secretary shall keep a record of all meetings, keep a roll of members, submit membership applications, carry on all correspondence, read communications at all meetings and notify the membership of all meetings.
4) The Treasurer shall receive and receipt all monies paid to the organization, Keep an accurate account of all monies received and expended, pay no bills without proper authorization. He shall submit an itemized statement of receipts and disbursements at the end of each quarter.
5) At the end of their respective terms, all out going officers shall turn over to their respective successors all organization material, monies, documents and any other items.
The organization by a majority vote of the members, may levy upon the membership such dues or assessments as shall be deemed necessary for the business of the organization. Non-payment of such dues and assessments shall be cause for expulsion from the organization within the discretion of the membership.
The organization through designated committees will provide technical advice to members concerning equipment design and operation to assist in frequency observance, clean signals, uniform practice and absence of spurious radiations from member stations. The organization shall also install and maintain a system of propagation beacons.
This constitution or by-laws may be amended by a two-thirds vote of the total membership. Proposals for amendments shall be submitted at a regular meeting and shall be voted on at the next regular meeting, provided all of the members have been notified of the intent to amend the constitution and/or by-laws.
1) Secretary. It shall be the duty of the Secretary to keep the constitution and by-laws and to have them with him at every meeting. He shall note all amendments, changes and additions to the constitution and shall permit it to be consulted by members upon request.
2) Meetings. Regular meetings shall be held quarterly. Special meetings may be called by the President upon request of any five members. Notices shall be sent to members concerning special meetings and the business to be transacted. Only such business as designated shall be transacted. Notices shall be sent so that they arrive not less than 7 days before the meeting.